What goes on at Puppy Pre-School
All puppies love to lean new things, explore and work thing out, in my puppy classes I teach puppies to use their own natural abilities but in a fun way.
Through exploration, interactive learning and by using a wide variety of equipment puppies begin to learn about spatial awareness and how to negotiate pathways as well as building confidence to walk over different textured surfaces in my mini puppy assault course.
Classes have up to four pups at a time which allows your little one to socialise but also learn to concentrate with distractions and work around other dogs. We do not allow free play as research has shown that puppies can learn to intimidate others which can lead to adult behavioural problems, so all socialisation is controlled.
Puppies need to be under 20 weeks of age to attend our Puppy class. We use positive reward training using food rewards, toys and praise, our puppy class is friendly and informal. You will meet other puppy owners where you can share your experiences of owning a puppy.
Puppy Pre-School runs for 6 weeks and you will work towards the Puppy Harmony Award. There is question time after every class which encourages owners to talk about any problems they might be having.
- Saturday 7th April at 12pm - full (there will be no class on week 4 but this will still be a six week course)
- Saturday 14th April at 10am - full (there will be no class on week 3 but this will still be a six week course)
- Saturday 9th June at 10am - full
- Thursday 21st June 11.30am - full
- Saturday 14th July at 11.30am - 4 spaces available
- Saturday 4th August at 10am - 4 spaces available
- Thursday 16th August at 11.30am - 4 spaces available